Senior Marketing Manager – Toronto, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing – our Sr. Marketing Manager role is a career opportunity that puts you in the driver’s seat to build brand strategy, integrated marketing campaigns, new products and go to market actions to make High Park the #1 Cannabis company in Canada. This role requires a dynamic, collaborative and experienced Senior Marketer with commercial acumen, project management, brand foundations and a strong marketing, analytical and innovation background who can balance strategic thinking against the key execution priorities.
- Innovation pipeline: Lead development of Flower, Vapes & Concentrate categories innovation pipeline in conjunction manage the new product development process for the category including idea generation, project management through full stage gate process, preparation of business plans, P&L management and post launch audits
- Strategic Planning through to Brand Activation: Create, gain alignment on and deliver a three-year brand strategy, analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities and activation strategies. Partner with consumer insights in the development of breakthrough consumer-centric programs. Execute the brand strategy through the line and measure and evaluate impact
- Annual Planning: Drives the planning process for the brands and initiates mid to long term objectives, strategies and plans based on category, brand, consumer, and market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with, test and learn approach
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team which includes but is not limited to consumer insights, internal creative team, specialty agencies, field marketing, sales, R&D and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success
- Analysis and Reporting: Lead the analysis and reporting of pricing, shopper, market segmentation, competitor, below the line (BTL) test market results, sku optimization, channel and portfolio strategy. Identifies salient business issues/opportunities collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Research: Drives the identification of consumer research objectives and consumer person, uses appropriate tools, interprets and ensures marketing programs/expenditures meet KPIs. Assists with re-design and research. Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Incorporates research initiatives into consumer insights, identifying optimal consumer target and positioning
- Financial Management: Oversees budgets across brand
- Media Planning: Supports media plan development, including medium/mix analysis, weight level testing, and associated analysis to include media planning, copy testing, marketing plan optimization, creative briefing initiatives
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. Master’s in business (MBA) or marketing a plus
- Proficiency in MS-Office with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience / Background: At least +7 years of Marketing experience
- Experience in CPG, alcohol, cannabis, tobacco and/or pharmaceuticals will be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Solid experience in portfolio strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand launch activities
- Embodies Tilray’s values of “Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, and Pursue Excellence”
- Demonstrates a portfolio mindset to manage different formats & brand identity
- Strong leadership, relationship management and influence skills
- Strong financial / business acumen
- Strong digital acumen with focus on influencer, social media, and eCRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management
- Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]